1883 - An assistant priest from Christ Church Cathedral was appointed to minister to the Metchosin, Sooke, Highland, and Craigflower areas.
1886 - The mission area also included St. Paul's, Esquimalt.
1891 - A mission of Metchosin, Sooke and Colwood were separated from the parish of Esquimalt.
1906 - District was served temporarily by the rector of St. Mark's, Victoria in 1906, then it was affiliated once again with St. Paul's until 1911.
1911 - A parish including Colwood, Highlands, Sooke and Metchosin was re-formed.
1913 - The Church of Holy Trinity, Sooke, was opened August 10, 1913. (see old postcard)
1919 - Church was consecrated March 6, 1919. The parish was also known as the "Parish of Metchosin, Sooke and William Head."
1956 - Parish clergy position was vacant in 1956.
1957 - Congregation was served from St. John's, Victoria.
1961 - A resident clergyman was appointed by 1961.
1963 - Metchosin became independent, while the parish of Sooke was paired with the Mission of Jordan River under the auspices of St. Martin's, Tillicum.
1969 and 1970 - Parish was known as "Sooke and Port Renfrew".
1971 - Parish became "Metchosin, Sooke and Port Renfrew."
1975 - Sooke and Port Renfrew were separated from Metchosin. Holy Trinity Church property is located at 1962 Murray Road.
2002 - November 15 Hexaphone Concert: "Music for Birds, Bees and Bishops"
2004 - Vital Vittles Free Lunch Program was started Feb 13 in the church building.
2005 - April 4 fire destroyed the 92 year old Church. Parishioners continued to meet at the nearby Roman Catholic Church and then the Seventh Day Adventist Church. After the fire a Phoenix Rising from the Ashes banner was made and gifted to Holy Trinity church by local quilter Eileen Searle.
2007 - Dec 15 a special service was held to consecrate the New Holy Trinity Church.
2008 - Jan 26 meeting of the Anglican Synod of the Diocese of British Columbia Diocesan Council was held at the church.
2008 - June 1 Revs. Dr. Alex and Nancy Nagy become the new rectors of Holy Trinity.
2008 - November - Holy Trinity, Sooke is the featured parish in the Diocesan Post.
2009 - June - Nancy is appointed Archdeacon for the Region of Selkirk by Bishop James Cowan.
2009 - June 6 - Alan Moberg Live Performance
2009 - Sep 3 & Nov 26 - Blood Donor Clinic hosted by the parish
2009 - November - Ekoos Concert at the parish.
2013 - Revs. Dr. Alex and Nancy Nagy retire from Holy trinity and relocate to Southern California.
2014 - Newly ordained Rev. Dimas Canjura becomes our new Incumbent on May 25th. Dolly Beaumont also arrives to join us as our new Deacon.
2018 - Our church bell, manufactured in the United States, fell to the ground during the fire that destroyed the building in 2005. A new tower was built and the bell, re-hoisted.
2020 - June 30. The Rev. Dimas Canjura retires as Rector of Holy Trinity. The church has been closed since mid-March by provincial and church authorities because of the SARS covid-19 pandemic and will not re-open until August, at which time the parish calls him back to celebrate and properly say good-bye. The church closes again in November.